Where to go for the eclipse? Somewhere high up, clear views over Cornwall, nice and quiet ... Belstone of course. And that is just what everybody else decided. Belstone was absolutely rammed, cars parked everywhere and loads of people walking up to the ridge. The enterprising folk from Dartmoor Lime Company had even driven their pickup all the way to the flagpole to get out their deckchairs. Still it was quite a sight. A really nice partial eclipse with the moon nearly covering the sun. I suppose it did get slightly darker and it certainly was cooler - mind you that might have been due to the nice, brisk breeze. Out along the lovely ridge and down to the main track. Along, along to check on the bubblers, a nice new gate but no developments at all. Back to the village which was steadily emptying. So, that's it until 2090 - hope I can remember where I put those eclipse glasses.
